I recently read this book called “Why You’re Not Married Yet – The Straight Talk You Need to Get the Relationship You Deserve” by Tracy McMillan. I’m all about sharing information and improving marriage. So if I can help some folks before they married, I can maybe help some future marriages down the road. (The views in this book are not necessarily my views or those of Family First Counseling.) Read the previous post to learn more about the book and for a link to Amazon’s review.
You’re a Witch (Or, How Anger and Fear are Keeping You Single)
- Do people walk on eggshells around you–and you kind of like it?
- Does the idea that you should be nice to a man make you angry?
- Have past boyfriends felt that you were defensive or hard to get close to?
Bottom line of this chapter: Most men just want to marry someone who is nice to them. That includes having sex enthusiastically with them, laughing and occasionally cooking a meal, folding the laundry or something else just because you love him. If being asked makes you mad, then the answer is probably not. It boils down to just having a funky attitude often with no reason. Be conscious of how you express your anger.
Author’s Summary: Take a cold hard look at what no one has been willing to say straight to your face:
- You’re a witch – You’re not nice, and men don’t want to marry you because of it.
- Being a witch is really about anger and defensiveness – The anger looks justified, which is why it seems so righteous.
- Be nice.
- Learn to forgive – being nice won’t happen until you forgive.
- Get a new story – Be creative, live ya life.
Next Post: Chapter 2 – You’re Shallow