I learned about Leap Lists last year and decided to do one yearly ending on my birthday. I did this last year and was somewhat successful. What I did find out is that I need support to keep them in mind. So I will be trying to recruit my friends and family to write a leap list, that way we can support each other. Read last year’s list and the concept of leap lists here.
My list for this year will include some things from last year, that I still want to do, in red. I’m not discouraged because as long as I have a goal, I am growing and learning.
Leap List Things To Do Before the End of This Year When I Turn 43.
1. Read the Bible and/or a devotion every day of this year, even holidays, special events, etc.
2. Make a tangible $24,000 that I can actually see, not going right back into the business.
3. Attend a conference out of state that has something to do with my profession.
4. Teach at least 4 premarital or marriage enrichment groups.
5. Go to Europe to visit my beautiful daughter while she studies abroad this semester. *With the whole family.
6. Lose a minimum of 40lbs.
7. Plan a conference for and about minority mental health.
8. Serve on a non-profit board in some capacity.
9. Grow my hair back out.
10. Streamline my business, including running it more efficiently, hiring an administrative person and writing a more specific training program for my staff.
(I know it says 10 things, but I’m ambitious)
11. Travel somewhere for a vacation that I have not been.
12. Go on a girls trip.
13. Teach line dancing or fitness classes.
14. Take dancing lessons.
15. Open another office location or get a single larger space.
16. Do something physically adventurous. (indoor skydiving, zip lining, run a half marathon…)
17. Get a tattoo.
18. Speak on panels, write articles, etc. Become an expert.
Leap List Things I Accomplished in 2014:
1. Taught line dancing for Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc. Arlington Alumnae Chapter.
2. 80’s Costume party for my 42nd birthday.
3. Spoke to a group about my business. 4 times at MBHPN.
4. Streamlined my business.
5. Dyed my hair.
What’s on your leap list? I would love to read about what other people are thinking of doing before their next milestone. Post it here on our blog or on our Facebook page. I think this is an awesome discussion topic to start off the year! Check out a visual of my list, probably more than what’s on here on my Pinterest board here.