WHY YOU’RE NOT MARRIED QUIZ
I meet several women (and men) who aren’t married yet and wonder why. It may be that you haven’t met the right person or that you haven’t evolved into the right person. Recently ran across a book called “Why You’re Not Married Yet – The Straight Talk You Need to Get the Relationship You Deserve” by Tracy McMillan. I’m all about sharing information and improving marriage. So if I can help some folks before they married, I can maybe help some future marriages down the road. If many of the questions on this quiz offend you, that might be the answer to why you aren’t married. IJS. This book is geared towards women which in no way indicates that women who aren’t married are always at fault. (The views in this book are not necessarily my views or those of Family First Counseling.) See Amazon.com’s review here.
Answer honestly as you can, lying to yourself is hardly productive.
- Sometimes I wonder what the big deal is about being in a relationship anyway.
- My favorite thing to do is to be right.
- I really want to be loved for who I am.
- I’m at work so much, I’ve thought about painting my cubicle.
- Nice people bug me.
- I have more than 2 godchildren. (Add 1 point for each additional godchild.)
- Looks don’t really mater, unless a guy is poor or stupid.
- I have an advanced degree in a subject where there is no job at the end.
- I’ve never cheated on anyone, ever — except for that one time.
- As far as childbearing goes, my age falls somewhere between “I don’t care anymore” and “oh my goodness.”
- Men fall in love through sex.
- I have looked through a man’s cell phone or other electronics.
- I have forwarded myself emails or texts from a man’s cell phone or computer. (3 points)
- I have showed up unannounced at a man’s place of business.
- I don’t know how they built the Great Wall of China without my help (i.e. I know everything).
- I’ve been told I’m needy. Which was BS.
- I have broken up with someone by text message or voice mail.
- I have looked at a man’s picture on the internet and seriously felt that I was going to marry him.
- I’m pretty sure I’m psychic.
- If you add it all up, I’ve been in therapy for more than five years.
- I subscribe to gossip magazines and fantasize about the lives of famous people.
- I have a behavior or habit that I swear I will stop doing as soon as my husband shows up.
- Letting go is overrated. I like to hang on to things.
- I like to date guys with better jobs, faces or families than mine.
- Sometimes I think I’m fat/ugly/stupid–but I don’t have low self esteem.
- My bookshelf is filled with self-help.
- I’ve read Twilight. (If you finished it, add 3 points. If you bought tickets for the movie ahead of time, add 7 points. If you camped out in line, add 23 points.
- I’ve tried to do the “Single Ladies” dance at least once.
- I find out a guys astrological sign within the first week.
- I know what zabasearch.com is.
- I’ve sent a guy a cute email, text or stuffed animal inside a coffee mug–even when technically, we weren’t dating.
- My dad was a liar, cheater, gambler, criminal and/or mean.
- My mom was a drinker, depressive, rager, gorgeous and/or extremely well dressed.
- My siblings were better looking, smarter, more athletic and/or the type of people who like to hold things over you.
- I have names picked out for my children. (If it’s Bella or Edward, add 12 points)
- I’m single and I can’t figure out why
- Marriage is stupid. And men suck.
- Unless a guy has a high powered job (Lawyer, Doctor, etc.) he’s not marriage material.
Add 1 point for each “True” answer, plus any extra points as indicated.
1-9 POINTS: YOU NEED THIS INFORMATION A LITTLE BIT
But you will feel sure that you know everything in it. You will then pass it on to a single friend, say it was some mess, but you had to share it. You will then hope that she learns something from it.
10 – 19 POINTS: YOU NEED THIS INFORMATION
It’s not that you will never find a happy relationship if you don’t figure out what’s going on with you; it’s just that you’ll find it so much quicker if you do. The longer you wait, the worse it gets. You need to know what you’re dealing with so that you can deal with it.
20 – 29 POINTS: YOU ABSOLUTELY NEED THIS INFORMATION
You are exhausted. Nobody denies you had some fun, but you are glad this year is over. You can have a chance to start over and this time do it right.
30+ POINTS: YOU REALLY, REALLY NEED THIS INFORMATION
You already know something in your love life isn’t working. What you didn’t know is that nothing is working in your love life. But don’t worry. Working on it will feel better than continuing to live in denial.
Reply with any questions, comments or thoughts. I would love to hear what you think!
Read next time for information from chapter 1: You’re A Witch (my clean version)