I kind of have a bucket list but have recently learned about a similar concept, “The Leap List” that I like a lot better since it isn’t focused on dying. It is a list of ten things you want to do before taking your next big leap in life (e.g. before you get married, or have kids or turn 40). I like the sound of that and decided to share.
Leap List Things To Do Before the End of This Year When I Turn 42.
1. Read the Bible and/or a devotion every day of this year, even holidays, special events, etc.
2. Make a tangible $50,000 that I can actually see, not going right back into the business.
3. Attend a conference out of state that has something to do with my profession.
4. Speak to a group about running my business or on a counseling topic at least 4 times this year (quarterly).
5. Teach at least 4 premarital or marriage enrichment groups.
6. Have a planned 5th wedding anniversary party and vow renewal (with all the sentiment), because that means we made it to year 5!
7. Attain financial stability so that I can do things for my mother and my daughter and not worry.
8. Lose a minimum of 40lbs.
9. Plan a conference for and about minority mental health.
10. Streamline my business, including running it more efficiently, hiring an administrative person and writing a more specific training program for my staff.
(I know it says 10 things, but I’m ambitious)
11. Travel somewhere for a vacation that I have not been.
12. Go on a girls trip.
13. Sing a karaoke song on stage.
14. Take dancing lessons.
15. Open another office location.
16. Do something physically adventurous. (indoor skydiving, zip lining, run a half marathon…)
17. Get a tattoo.
18. Get my hair dyed.
Leap List Things I Accomplished in 2013:
1. Hired 5 employees.
2. Participated in a flash mob.
3. Danced, sang and performed on stage at the piano bar.
4. Costume party for my 40th birthday.
5. Upgraded my office space.
What’s on your leap list? I would love to read about what other people are thinking of doing before their next milestone. Post it here on our blog or on our Facebook page. I think this is an awesome discussion topic to start off the year! Check out a visual of my list, probably more than what’s on here on my Pinterest board here.