Family traditions help tie families together through the years. Many families have traditions around Thanksgiving and Christmas, but it is a good idea to have family traditions throughout the year as well. Traditions give family members a sense of unity, inclusiveness, and continuity.
Some traditions you might adopt in your own family could include:
*A nightly ritual that could include a book, scripture, song, or prayer.
* A weekly family dinner that is fancier than normal, maybe on Sundays.
* A birthday tradition where the birthday person has a special plate, meal, dessert, party, or activity.
* Annual celebrations for important events such as weddings, deaths (remembering the loved one in a positive way), or other things.
* A weekly family activity.
* A yearly family vacation.
* Or be creative and make up your own.
The important thing is that everyone enjoys it, it draws the family together, and ties the generations together.