This week I want to share a 30-Day Sex Challenge for Married Couples. I really found this article/guide very interesting because it incorporates intimacy with a biblical perspective. Basically you have an intimate task to perform daily along with a scripture you and your spouse are to read together. Not only this, there is a question of the day, to challenge you to be more open and honest with your spouse about your personal needs. An extra bonus, there are printable day by day pages where you can make notes. I found this article on www.tucsonrevolution.com titled 30-Day SEX Challenge: Married Guide. Here are the first few pages, please visit the site for the challenge in its entirety:
30-Day Sex Challenge: Married Guide
10 EMOTIONAL NEEDS EXPLAINED
1. Affection (the expression of love in words, cards, gifts, hugs, kisses, and courtesies; creating an environment that clearly and repeatedly expresses love).
2. Sexual Fulfillment (a sexual experience that brings out a predictably enjoyable sexual response in both of you that is frequent enough for both of you).
3. Conversation (talking about events of the day, personal feelings, and plans for the future; showing interest in your favorite topics of conversation; balancing conversation; using it to inform, investigate, and understand you; and giving you undivided attention).
4. Recreational Companionship (developing interest in your favorite recreational activities, learning to be proficient in them, and joining you in those activities).
5. Honesty and Openness (revealing positive and negative feelings, events of the past, daily events and schedule, plans for the future; not leaving a false impression; answering questions truthfully and completely).
6. An Attractive Spouse (keeping physically fit with diet and exercise, wearing hair and clothing in a way that you find attractive and tasteful).
7. Financial Support (the provision of financial resources to house, feed, and clothe your family at a standard of living acceptable to you, but avoiding travel and working hours that are unacceptable to you).
8. Domestic Support (creation of a home environment for you that offers a refuge from the stresses of life; management of the home and care of the children—if any are at home—including but not limited to cooking meals, washing dishes, washing and ironing clothes, housecleaning).
9. Family Commitment (scheduling sufficient time and energy for the moral and educational development of your children; reading to them, taking them on frequent outings, developing the skill in appropriate child-training methods and discussing those methods with you; avoiding any childtraining methods or disciplinary action that does not have your enthusiastic support).
10. Admiration (respecting, valuing and appreciating you clearly and often).
Your Married Needs:
List your top 2 needs from the emotional needs questionnaire. Then give your spouse specific instructions as to how to meet those needs.
Details: Hug me in the morning and call me during the day.
Your Spouse’s Needs
Have your spouse write their top needs and details below.
These are a couple of resources we recommend for further study.
• His Needs, Her Needs: Building an Affair-Proof Marriage
By Willard F. Harley, Jr.
Details on the next page…