1. Commitment is the glue of marriage. Insulate and protect your marriage against emotional infidelity by avoiding friendships with members of the opposite sex.
2. Minimal codependence is necessary in a great marriage. A husband and wife must need each other.
3. Spouses need clear, realistic goals and a specific plan of how to achieve a great marriage.
4. Acceptance of your spouse is about appreciating them, not settling.
5. Like any strong working partnership, marriage should have well-defined roles for each spouse.
The following two tabs change content below.
Megan, a native of Kansas City, Kansas is an empty nest parent of three adult children Ayanna, Jonathan and Isiah. Megan is a Christian and active in ministry at her church Cornerstone Baptist Church, in Arlington, TX. She is currently a Doctoral student working toward a Ph.D. in Marriage & Family Therapy at Texas Wesleyan University. Her personal interests include independent film, music and marriage enrichment. Megan is the co-founder of the Minority Behavioral Health Provider Networking Group along with colleague Cynthia Thompson.
Pages: 1 2